Off I went... to the big city alone!!

I need to share this first.
My weekend started out with these... from my darling hubby... Not only is he super handsome, but he is also pretty handy:).. You know what they say.. "if you dont find them handsome, you might find them HANDY"... but I scored BOTH!
Now, the PLAN for our GIRLS day began with a trip to the SANDPOINT Antique and "designer Market. I have never been to this "market" before... and I must say.... I was alittle disappointed. Now, maybe I was alittle too late (all the good stuff gone?) but after being to other fabulous shows, this one just did not hit my WOW button. It was good... just not great! I will probably go back... so it wasnt THAT bad...
The best part.... I actually got to see Queen of Tarte and the BARN HOUSE Boys (these fellas are hilarious!) It was weird to actually see them in person (they are all sorta celebrity status in MY book).. I thought about asking to get my picture taken... but then I really would have looked like some kind of FREAK show... So, I chatted with them.. and then walked around the show to try to strum up some excitement! I ended up saying my goodbyes and look foward to visiting that crew down in Oregon!
Heres some shots from the Sand Point Antique Market....

Queen of Tarte/Barn House booth!

Hmmm... love the branches.


After I left I decided it would be ridiculous not to head to the Fremont Sunday Market.. Although I have visited before, it was a loooong time ago. So, why not!

There were some great things available to buy.. not much "flea market" stuff... but the food looked fabulous! My mouth was watering the entire time!

This was my favorite booth there.... I LOVE this trinket stuff and could have spent thousands..

Check out all these boots! I just loved them!

This was me... this morning... the TROLL under the bridge:) ha! My kiddos have always asked us about this guy... Somehow they have heard about him, so, I had to get a picture since I was in the neighborhood... MY oldest daughter told my youngest son that the troll comes alive at night.. So, he is determined to visit now!
The best part of my day ended with this..... a CUPCAKE shop that I have wanted to visit forever! It was sad to be there alone.. I really needed my Sweet and Sassy gals along... But I had no problem enjoying myself regardless. This cupcake shop is AMAZING! I am for SURE going back, and it gave me soo much inspiration. I decided at the end of the day that I want THIS! My very own cupcake shop!



PURE BLISS!!

I chose the "triple Chocolate" (shocker! I know!) and a mocha to boot!

And made short work of it.
I got one to go (for the kiddos to share) and at the end of day, I sat on the stairs of TROPHY cupcake shop and took THIS picture... How lucky am I?? Could this ALL really happen in one day? What a lucky girl I am..... if only my BFF could have been there... well.. thats alright just another reason to go back!




11 comments:
Looks like it was a semi-grand day. Every day like that is better with a friend. I love, love, love the fabric on the table at the cupcake shop. It looks like the stuff I used on my last aprons.
I'm ready for a day just like that with my sweet and sassy friends!
I LOVE THE BOOTS!!! I'm sooo getting some this summer! I'm glad you had a great day, and meeting the barn house boys.....;)
Missed ya lady!! But looks like you had a FAB time without me!! What are you doing next Sunday??:)
I found you through your comment on Cindy's blog. Thanks for taking us with you on your fun day. It's a bummer that your friend couldn't go, but sometimes it's almost as fun to go alone. You can take your sweet time, go at your own pace, etc. Maybe I'll get to meet you at the Barn House sale coming up in May.
Best wishes,
Lisa
It was great to see you at Sandpoint!! I am looking forward to you coming out our way soon, and hopefully for the party at Farm Chicks. xoxo Cindy
Great post - I too was at the market and wanted to get my photo with them but didn't... I am such a chicken! It looks like your *girl* day turned out lovely and I am happy it was sunny for you~
hi, i got to your site via queen of tarte's blog. i too was at the sandpoint antique show and a little disappointed. i went just to see the barn house guys (i went to their last barn sale last year). i think i scared jermonne when i quoted a few things from his blog! i did pick up a few things from them but i think got there too late for the true goodies. just wanted to say 'hello'.
pam
ps omg, the triple chocolate cupcake from trophy... had them , yes THEM (3 minis), at a wedding recently... to die for!
Pick Us...Pick Us...We loooove pictures!!!! Geez...nobody asked us for photos!! lol I think it was waaay too cold for pictures that day. It was so cold I couldn't think (even with my "homeless outfit" on, as Cindy called it). BTW, it was our first time at the show too. Next time, we hope for much better weather. ;o)
Who wouldn't! want their own cupcake shop....I am definitely selling them at my next sale....for sure now!! too yumo!
It is very nice to meet you via Barn House :)
ok popular lady.. you are suppose to update this thing;)
What a perfect day! That is my idea of a good day.
I wish I would have been able to go to Sandpoint. I had big plans but didn't make it.
If you ever find yourself alone and in need of one of those days again..........CALL ME!
Timi
Post a Comment