Wednesday, May 19, 2010

a broken washer

The other day I woke up to a pile of laundry, (like a do every morning.)

I loaded the washer with the pee soaked sleeping bag, and started the load.
Later I went to transfer it over and realized the washer was still full of water and the nothing was happening. Of course my hubby was out of town working and could not fix it like he usually does.
(that hubby of mine is Sooo handy!)
I announced to the kids we would be heading to the "Laundry mat". And the questions began piling in....
"What is a laundry mat?"
"Is it free?"
"Is it like the one on the movie, The BLIND SIDE?". ha!

So, I loaded ALL my laundry. (this is ALOT of work!)

WOW! What a great surprise! The place was AMAZING!
I was a little confused on what to do? Can you tell???




































You see, Laundry mats are NOT like they used to be. Of course THEY TOO had to get all "techno".
You load a pre-paid card with money, and swipe it like a credit card. HOW handy!

My kids loved the laundry mat. My SON loved watching is underwear spin around! :)















And play in the dryers.....






















Of course they were a little bored at times....






















and caught up on the newspaper!















The laundry mat is a great place to chat with other people. (Which I LOVE to do), I even ran into my favorite Starbucks baristas there, washing their comforters! :)
















I came home and kissed my old washing machine, even though he was broken. I appreciated him more.
He is so handy. He is such a hard worker. He is always there for me when I need those dirty old clothes washed.

Then my hubby came home from being out of town for three days, and I realized all those same traits about him. I appreciated him more. He is so handy. He is such a hard worker. AND he is always there for me.  AND of course he "fixed" my washing machine TOO! :)

So, kiss your washing machine if you get a chance.... he is a GOOD GUY! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post - loved it
I still say you are a little overdressed for the laundry mat but I also that you would look adorable even if you were planting a garden, fixing a car, hiking a mountain, etc. ...and you would have lip gloss on {I just know these things about you}

Johnna Sutton said...

I LOVE my washer! I thought it was broken just yesterday and the thought of going to the Jefferson laundry mat made me panic! When I figured out it wasn't broken, I had just STUFFED it to full, I "made out" with it! ;)

Object of Maya*ffection said...

You looked so cute! Too bad your day was spent at the laundry mat!