Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

I've decided Mothers day is over rated.
I mean, dont get my WRONG... I LOVE being a mother. I love MY mom. I love all the MOTHERS that I get to celebrate with..
I always laugh when Mothers Day comes around. Its always on Sunday... WHY??
Why couldnt MOTHERS day be on Saturday?... at least then you wouldnt have to get up early and OUT the door for church...
My husband always says "What do YOU want to do for Mothers Day?"... sleep? eat bon bons in bed? maybe a SHOPPING spree (all by myself, because I know the kids will HATE it, even IF it IS mothers day), or could the pastor just make it a RULE that ALL mothers have to come to church in thier jammies!

So... this mothers day, Im trying to change MY BAD attitude towards it. When my hubby asked the popular question I replied, "I would like my car detailed on Saturday, and a drive to somewhere FUN on Sunday."... my husband LOVES drives... my kiddos will be contained.. and I can maybe get alittle nap in.. since we will be up early for church, I probably will need one.

But, on a serious note.. I love Mothers Day because I GET to be the mother of 3 fabulous kids and its the day to celebrate that! Recently my counselor and I discussed MY mother. He pointed out to me that GOD does not make mistakes when he chooses your  "Mum" and Dad. Peter's exact words were
"GOD chose you for your Mum, and your Mum for you."....  Oh sweet Peter!
For whatever reason GOD chooses certain Mums for us... I am delighted that he has blessed me with my Mom. I am delighted that he has blessed me with my 3 fabulous kids too.... I love being a Mother and I love being a daughter to my Mum. GOD did NOT make a mistake when he chose ME to be the mother of my precious children. I thank GOD everyday for giving me the opportunity to do it. I think it's a HARD job... but its a job I wouldnt change for the world.
Happy Mothers Day to everyone!

2 comments:

Patina said...

Hope you had a wonderful relaxing Mother's Day! You are so right, God gave us exactly what He wanted us to have, oh the mystery! (o:

Amber Strehle said...

Good post!! Man you are a blogging MACHINE:)