Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Friday!

Phewww. what a week!
Veterans day has really scattered my brain. On a side note, I talked to a friend who's children actually ATTENDED school on Veteran's Day to honor, learn and teach them the importance of the day..
wow, what a concept! Mine layed on the couch all day.
I have some FUN plans for the weekend. Me and my girlfriend are taking a trip to IKEA. I love that place. It reminds me of a hamster house. All the paths, ball pits and FOOD, just makes me feel like a hamster racing in there. I need to get some organization type things to actually make me feel normal in this chaotic environment I live in. I need to purchase some MAJOR picture frames to frame some poster size prints that I want to do and I think I may just purchase a few Christmas decorations. IKEA is going with a plaid/American theme this year. How fun is that! I have always gone with a somewhat "glitter theme" for the holidays. This year I think I am going to bust out a new look and go for more of a "ralph lauren" look, complete with garlands, plaids, antlers, oranges and wood chunks. A more "manly" look. The hubby will be excited. Heres some ideas:
(photos courtesy of Better homes and Garden)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas look - When I start decorating I'll check back here for ideas! ;-)

Charity Watts said...

Good luck with the new look...hope Mr. Love likes it!

Anonymous said...

Trisha! I love these photos. I don't want to do the glitter theme either but I'm having trouble knowing what I want to do. Have fun at Ikea today! I've been there 3 times in the last week. (I'm crazy) :)