I will start out by telling you today was a good day.
First, it was my wedding anniversary. Yes. 16 years.
I wish I could tell you that it has been all bliss. That I married my best friend. That we are peachy keen and madly in Love.
Instead I will tell you that it has been a struggle. It has been hard.
We are absolutely in Love.
We are peachy in a smooshy kind of way.
We are fighting for our marriage... we are trying to beat the odds and power through this somewhat hard time that we find ourselves in.
and today was a good day.
But not only is THAT why it was good day.
Oh no.. so much more wonderful things happened.
First, I had a meeting. It was a kind of a big deal. But I will have to tell you more about it later, well.. because it may be a no deal, and that would be a bummer. SO, instead I just say, it was a good day and I will keep you posted on what happens.
Secondly, after my important meeting{did I tell you I was a rockstar yet?}, I went and had a mojito with my bff at a casino. It's a place I never go. Like ever.
I was determined to try my hand at gambling, and even though my bff told me that I was stupid for it, and then tapped her foot as I tried to a)find out how to use the machines. b)what machine to PICK{pressure!} and then c)understand the game, I put in $20.
which I thought was alot.
I was down to $9.55 and then something happened.
Im still not sure what. But Zeus was involved.
And the machine started going crazy.
Like Mad Crazy.
And it kept going, and going, and going.
And then it kept giving me more and more money.
It went to $57.70 cents.{or something like that}
And I asked my bff what I should do now.
She said "pull your money, now!".
So I did.
And my bff was mad.
I paid her back for my drink.
and then went to the outlet mall.
That was good.
Then I was coming home and decided to stop at the Goodwill to see what they had.
I had been seeing this cake stand for some time. AND it was too much money.
But I liked it.
I knew if I could find a dome to go with it, I could sell it for more.
So, I looked. AND looked.
And then I found it.
And it fit perfectly.
But it was too much.{and it included a chip tray. Who puts a cake dome over a chip tray?}
So, anyhoo.
I took it to the register and asked the manager if I could give her back the chip tray and if she would give me a deal on the cake dome only.
and she did.
Infact, she put it on he silver platter, and said to give me half off.
Oh' the luck!
I was thinking it had been such a good day that I should go and buy a lottery ticket.
But I didnt.
Nope. I just came home and listed my cake dome & pedestal on Etsy.
Then I sat on Pinterest for a very long time.
Thanked God for a good day.
PRAYed for my hubby and I.
And now I am headed to bed.
What a good day.

1 comment:
Hi! I was just trying to find out if this was a photograph of yours: http://pinterest.com/pin/197079982/ I am just trying to give credit where credit is due! Thanks and all the best!
xo
Melissa
www.mloves.typepad.com
Post a Comment