Monday, May 19, 2008

Garage Sale Fun



GARAGE SALE FUN!
So, this weekend I had a "garage sale" also known as a GARBAGE sale. Everything honestly was GARBAGE in my eyes. Yet... People just found treasure after treasure! It was interesting to watch what I thought would sell instantly(like the fake fruit!) and the useless, sometimes BROKEN garbage I watched people fight over! :) It was an ALL neighborhood garage sale and so the best part was meeting new people and talking with all the garage salee's. I met the funnest lady that actually lives here in my development and has high hopes of opening a shop here in our town. She was really interested in selling some of my mannequins and other stuff! At the END of the garage sale I put "EVERYTHINGS FREE" on the sign and everyone just LOADED up the leftovers.. what a weight lifted off my shoulders.. it felt so good to PURGE. I didnt make a killing.. yet it was WAY worth it just to talk to people, watch them PAY me for my garbage and then leave with a smile on their face as if they had always HOPED to find a already LIT candle from the dollar store and Pay 10 cents instead! :)
The kiddos had fun too... In fact on Saturday while I was fulfilling a CUPCAKE order for a 25th wedding anniversary party.. the girls RAN the entire sale by themselves:) IT was fun to watch them... and they had fun helping the little girls that came to the sale, pick out an outfit or shoes of theirs that was their favorite!
I cant wait for the neighborhood garage sale next year... I will be looking forward to it!

3 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

Cute pic:) Yeah for garage sales!! They make the "stuff" world go round:)

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

Sounds like fun... now if you would have had a garage/bake sale and sold your cupcakes, you could have made a killing!

Amber Strehle said...

ok girl..post again already, im getting bored:)