Heres the story.
I go to a Garage Sale/Church Rummage sale here in my town. I look around, find an entire spool of twine, score! Cowboy boots, yes! And then I come across these adorable pictures. I ponder, look at them again, think to myself.. How much could I sell$ these for at my sale? AND then I hear a very familiar voice.... "Trisha, is that you?"... I turn around to find my High School history teacher, she looks exactly the same, a beautiful woman indeed.( I assume in her day, she was a COMPLETE knock out!) I look up at her sweet smile and say "Mrs. Olson! How are you?" We exchange words, she can NOT believe how old my children are, how many years it has been, etc. etc.
And as I say my goodbyes she tells me she MUST tell me a story about the Pictures... These Pictures?
"Me and my husband were newly married and our apartment was very bare. We had only 20 dollars to spend to get a few things for our new place and so we went to some yard sales. We bought a chair, curtains, and then we found these pictures! I have had them for ALL these years, and just wanted you to know that I enjoyed them very much."
The story behind them, the fact that she was my FAVORITE teacher,(besides Mr. Rowley) just gave me such a warm feeling inside. I now cherish them... AND these stories are the things that make me appreciate my "treasures" (junk?)even more. I have been displaying them in my house for the last week... I just LOVE them... and wonder HOW I am going to possible put a for sale sticker on them come July!
Until then.. I will look at them and think of sweet Mrs. Olson and her wonderful sweet smile.
4 comments:
Can't wait to see them displayed in your gorgeous house.
What a GREAT story!! You sooo can't sell those pictures!! Keep up the junkin girl! We do it to preserve the past!:)
How awesome you live in a town where you can run into great people from your past. It makes me miss my old stomp'n grounds! I love the pictures...I'm w/ Amber, keep'em...
Wow..
I have pictures from MR. Thout.
They are strange but cool xpencil drawings.
He gave them to me when I graduated.
Everytime I look at them, I think of him, and High School.
Iam with the girls...
You have to keep them.
Post a Comment