Friday, January 28, 2011

Changing and Growing.

A few days ago I was folding laundry.
I realized that I have changed alot these last 10 years.
Yes. Some for the good, some for the bad.
My hubby laid in bed that night and told me that he didnt think I have changed at all.{I think he actually used the word "grown".... harsh!} but I think he could be right. Maybe I haven't "grown" but am still growing.
Maybe I have alot more growing to do?


















But I know I have changed...

I used to do things like match my girls' clothes to a T, ensuring that every outfit would be "picture perfect". Now, I just pray that they have everything covered!

I used to fold laundry in perfect color coded piles for my kids..
Now I just throw them in their rooms because they end up on the floor anyways.

I used to worry more about what people thought about me. Now I just worry about why I thought about what people thought about me. Make sense?

I used to define my day by how much "work" I did. Now I define my day by how many times I am on my knees praying.

I used to think that being a trophy mom was MY TITLE and I knew everything. Now I KNOW that being a trophy mom is NOT my title, and I don't know a thing about it!

I used to think that God was my Judge. I still think that is true to an extent, but boy have I learned that he is also my forgiver, and he loves me even when I am not perfect.

I used to think that my past was something to be ashamed of. Now I think my past is what made me who I am today.

I used to think that people that put their kids on a leash was totally inhumane, now I totally understand! I still want to put my 14 year old on one:)

I used to think that I would have alittle thumb of power of my children and they would listen to me and take every piece of advice, listening to my wisdom and make ALL the right choices. Now I have realized that God gave them a free will, and it is my job to guide them, giving them advice, but knowing in the end, they have the power to decide their life journey.

Now I think the growing has to begin.

2 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

Good post:)

Charity Watts said...

I heart this post Trisha...soooo good :)