Saturday, January 29, 2011

decorating with scents.

I read my favorite blog the other day{humble pie}and whenever I read her blog I am inspired.
She decorates with amazing simplicity.
She loves oranges and clean scents.
I have decided to go with a new "decorating idea" that she follows using candles.
And that is, each room have a different scent of inspiration.
For instance.
I love cupcakes and baking in my kitchen.














I love fresh towels and the smell of freshness in my bathroom.








My room will soon be a "carribean oasis".


















My living room is all white and I want to accent with lemons.












So, this is my new challenge.
Each room be decorated with a "scent".
When you walk in, not only does your EYES see the scent, but you see the scent as well.
Then you are being not only seeing, but smelling, and maybe tasting!
You may even get a fresh cupcakes and a glass of lemonade!

So, what is YOUR favorite scent and how would you use it to decorate in your home?
What Yankee candle scent are you?
Go take the QUIZ!
AND then leave me a comment telling me what decorating SCENTS would you use and how?
I will then have a giveaway and IF you WIN, you will recieve that SCENTED candle!

7 comments:

Charity Watts said...

LOL...I took the quiz...I'm clean cotton (which I REALLY don't care for!) I'm more of lemon/grapefruit kind of gal :D

WILD WHIMSY CHRONICLES said...

I am clean cotton as well. This is what it said: You're fun-loving! You enjoy good company and have numerous friends! You love fresh, crisp, clean things! Which makes Clean Cotton your candle choice!
Hmmm...not sure how accurate this test is, but I do like the idea!

Lateda said...

ha! Maybe EVERYONE is clean cotton.. I should have probably "tested" the test. I was clean cotton as well! :)

Lila said...

i am pumpkin pie. Not really my first choice...i am more of a lavender or fresh rain. I do love the idea of seeing and smelling the scent.

Anonymous said...

i am so happy that you were inspired by that!! that makes me smile! love thinking about the white with the lemons! cool!

Random Thoughts said...

I got clean cotten and I hate that scent and I hate laundry so what gives? I like fruit and spice scents. I love cloves and grapefruit best and a lovely pineapple or coconut also. Lemons in the kitchen and laundry. Coconut and grapefruit in the bathroom. Spicy in the rest of the house, like something yummy is coming out of the oven. Oh, I love nice smells!

Tuatha242 said...

I love clean cotton,and the coffee scented candles and in winter, fir balsam.
I actually used to have to drive past the Yankee Candle company to go to college when i lived in New England..imagine the air having different scents every day:)

My fav summer scents..lemon and cucumber.
Nothing smells more summery than cucumber:)