Monday, January 24, 2011

Co-Dependent.

This weekend my hubby left for some "man time" with his buddies.
 I started calling him, over and over... he would'nt answer and I became stressed.  Then I had an epiphany.
Am I Co-Dependent?
Couldnt be!
Then I googled it.

What are some of the symptoms of Co-Dependent People?
  • controlling behavior
  • distrust
  • perfectionism
  • avoidance of feelings{not so much!} 
  • intimacy problems
  • caretaking behavior
  • hypervigilance
  • physical illness related to stress

After reading the "symptoms" I realized I had a few.
I am Co-Dependent!
Here I thought all this time I was just so IN-Dependent! Guess not.

I really hate being put in a box. Not my style. And labels... well, we could all find a few.
I am positive that I will conquer my Co-Dependent traits. I refrained from calling my hubby again after reading this. I realized I was being controlling.
I need to let GOD be in control, and take a seat behind him.
I need to TRUST him more.

So. Im off on my Non-Co-Dependent journey.

1 comment:

Lila said...

YES I am a co-dependent too. I think after so many years it is hard not to be. SOme of the definitions are a bit scary though and I don't think they exactly describe my co dependency....uh maybe we should ask the hubby. ha