Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sitting in Grief.

I mentioned my book.
I am done with it. Yep. The whole book took me 2 days.
The author warns not to go to quick, to take in the information. Ponder in it and let it sink in.
I decided to read it once, fast, and then start it all over again, reading it even threet times if I need too.

Tonight I am in a chapter that is talking about Letting GO.
Yep, you all have heard me say it a million times.
But why is it so hard for me?

My book said this, and boy is it true:
"Perhaps our fear is that Gods intended outcome is not the same as ours. With enough worry we think we'll figure out a way to make things go the way we want. In our finite minds our plans seem better than God's. We can look with awesome wonder at the majesty of the universe he created but doubt his ability to bring good into our individual lives when we stand on the precipice of crisis.
God has a purpose and plan for each of us. He can bring beauty from ashes and galdness from mourning.{Isa. 61:3]
He makes all things work together for good to those who love him and are called according to his purpose. He promises that he has plans to prosper us and not harm us, plans to give us hope and a future.Trust him. Give him control of the reins. Let go of your worry and fear. He is able to do what you cannot do."

I read this and was just remided once again how hard it is for me to give up control.
I think the next chapter is really important because it teaches your to step up your prayer life.
Yep. Thats the only way I will ever get through any of this.

Today I am going to a wedding.
Im dreading it. But, I am also excited because I am helping decorate.
I LOVE weddings. Just not right now.
Today I will celebrate for my friend, because she is a fabulous girl who deserves love.
Her wedding is simple and beautiful.
I will be sure to post some pictures afterwards....
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Amber Strehle said...

Your post makes me happy for the potential..the future:) Keep em up girl.