

DIXIE.LAND
I will be joining a sale in JULY! As each day approaches I realize more and more that I need to to get busy on my projects! I have been going to the swap meet here in town every weekend, finding little treasures, and going to some random garage sales (IN the snow!).
This last weekend I actually ran across a pretty neat one...(more to see on that later, I will be posting my treasures!) BUT, I arrived and saw a mannequin sitting in a box, and was soo excited! I asked the woman, who was very sweet, "How much?", and she informed me it was already SOLD! I was so bummed! I have been looking for one to use as a form to make my own, but as you can imagine they are very expensive!
Well.. for now, I will just keep trying.... this picture is a shot at my first one, which was very much a trial and error process. I named her DIXIE. Every man that walks in the door can not help but grab a handful of breast and then ask me what I am making this for?? ha!
She has a look of some plastic surgery gone bad, alittle lumpy and not so evenly "curved".. but she sits happily in my living room for now and every time I look at her it inspires me to try again.. knowing that I will do better on the next one.
Love From!
La.Te.Da
2 comments:
No matter what others say..I think Dixie is wonderful, I will not judge her funny shaped breast! (in hopes of people not judging MY funny shaped breasts!)
If you remind me next week, I can bring my girl (can't remember her name) to you to borrow. I think she's stout enough to serve as a form to work with. I'm not actually home right now.
Post a Comment