Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Be "tweedled" by my "Ephemera"...














EPHEMERA
So, my good friend Amber turned me on to this great new word. E.phem.er.a
I just sound so darn smart when I say it (too bad I didnt come up with it on my own!)
I was the girl who always wanted the fake glasses to just make me LOOK smart! I never can come with those genius words, although now that I have discovered the Thesaurus online, I find myself coming up with humdingers all the time! :)
Ephemera is a neat word for old paper goods or anything of a PAST interest. Movie tickets, newspapers, books, etc.
So, I designed this tag for my sale to sell my vintage "Ephemera" and hopefully my cool word will just "tweedle" the buyers!
I am getting so inspired for our sale, I just keep coming up with new things to do and I am actually DOING it! I know, crazy!
Yesterday I painted a lot of things that needed a spruce up and they look great! My husband is alittle irritated by all the "garbage" (as he calls it) that is stacking up in the garage. Although he told me yesterday that he has great FAITH in me and my creativity. Infact, his exact words were "Pull out all the stops and go for it". What? So, here I go. It should be great... And I keep reminding myself that I have to have the same faith he does IN MYSELF.

7 comments:

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

okay so I made the cupcakes... the verdict? 17 cupcakes straight in the trash. That is 24 minus the 5 that I gave away before tasting one. minus 2, we each ate one and then though- hmm these are gross. And then plop- straight in the trash. I don't know what happened! I didn't have cake flower- could that be it? They were really crumbly and tasted like corn bread. The frosting recipe online didn't help either. I think my powdered sugar had gone bad as well. Hmmm.... maybe I should leave the cupcakes to the proffesionals.

Amber Strehle said...

I have the faith Girl!! Go use that awesome talent God gave ya!!

Countrygirl4ever said...

Love the tags and the "smart" sounding name, Trish. Are you wearing fake glasses at the sale?
I'll call ya later!

Amber Strehle said...

just blog already..

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

I looked up Ruthdrum Idaho thinking, maybe I should go to the sale... It is only a nine hour drive from here. But maybe your Ephemera will tweedle me all the way up there.

Hailey, Brandon & Connor said...

cupcakeblog.com check it out!

Amber Strehle said...

stinking blog already..quit tweedling around!