Friday, September 3, 2010

"Up-cycled" handbag

This is a purse.... I found at goodwill.











The price was right. $3.99















If you know me.. you know that I am not one to just have things "plain".
No, I like a little "frill and fluff".
















PURE silk made in ITALY! I had NO idea!! (Goodwill-$2.99)








And so, I made the hugest rosette I have EVER made.
AND This is what the final product became.















No, it is not SEWED. Remember, I don't even know how to sew buttons.. {my hubby does that!}
This is ALL hot glued. So, if you are one to run your handbag through the washer, this BAG wont work for you... Hot glue doesn't like WASH machines.
So.. for a total of around $6.00 dollars.. I got myself a new handbag for FALL! Wont it look darling with this outfit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ordered a GREAT pair of boots this week. After having such an expensive weekend, I'm feeling a little guilty but I'm sure I'll get right over that as soon as I get them in the mail.